Purchase Terms & Conditions
The terms and conditions set forth in this purchase terms and conditions notice (the “Purchase Terms & Conditions”) shall govern the purchase of products and/or services (the “Goods”) from the websites provided by Plus Size Bride Australia, (“Plus Size Bride Australia”, “the Seller”, “us”, “our” or “we”) including www.plussizebride.com.au, and all subdomains of this website, as well as all services related to such web sites (such web sites and services, collectively, the “Site”). The “Buyer” means the individual or organisation who purchases, or agrees to purchase products and/or services from the Seller. The “Contract” means the contract between the Seller and the Buyer for the sale and purchase of Goods incorporating these Purchase Terms & Conditions. The “Goods” means the products and/or services that the Buyer agrees to purchase from the Seller. By purchasing products and services from the Site, you agree to be bound by these Purchase Terms & Conditions. If you do not agree to these Purchase Terms & Conditions, please do not purchase products and/or services from the Site.
The Buyer must be aged 18 or over on the date of entering into a Contract for the purchase of Goods by the Seller. These Purchase Terms & Conditions shall apply to all Contracts for the sale of Goods by the Seller to the Buyer and shall prevail over any other documentation or communication from the Buyer. Acceptance of delivery of the Goods shall be deemed conclusive evidence of the Buyer’s acceptance of these Purchase Terms & Conditions. Any variation to these Purchase Terms & Conditions (including any special terms and conditions agreed between the parties) shall be inapplicable unless agreed to in writing by the Seller.
All orders must be submitted to the Seller via the check-out system provided on the Site. Any orders received by email, telephone, mail or fax will not be accepted by the Seller, unless by prior arrangement. The Buyer assumes full responsibility for the accuracy of measurements and sizing information provided to the Seller. The Seller holds no responsibility for inaccurate measurements provided by the Buyer or the Buyer’s personal measurements changing for any reason whatsoever. The Seller will not be responsible for the costs of any garment alterations required by the Buyer. All orders for Goods shall be deemed to be an offer by the Buyer to purchase Goods pursuant to these Purchase Terms & Conditions and are subject to acceptance by the Seller. After an order and payment is received, the Seller shall confirm the order by email which constitutes the Seller’s acceptance of the Buyer’s offer. A minimum of 16 weeks is required from the date of order placement to the event date. In extreme circumstances, this time-frame may be reduced for rush orders at the Seller’s discretion, but the order may be subject to additional charges to be borne by the Buyer. Rush orders can only be stipulated at the time of order placement. The Seller reserves the right not to accept any order for any reason, including insufficient time between the date of order placement and the Buyer’s event/wedding date. In the event that the Goods ordered by the Buyer are not available, the Buyer shall be notified as soon as possible and given the option to either: 1) wait until the Goods are available, or; 2) receive a replacement product of similar style and price, or; 3) receive a refund within 30 days, or; 4) cancel the order.
The Seller reserves the right to adjust the price of any Goods on the Site at its discretion without notice. All prices displayed on the Site are quoted in Australian dollars (AU$), inclusive of Goods and Services Tax (GST) and standard shipping charges with Australia. Express shipping can be requested by the Buyer at paid for at the Buyer’s expense. All shipping charges to destinations outside Australia will be borne by the Buyer. The Seller shall not be liable to anyone for adjusting the prices of any Goods on the Site or for refusing to process an order. All pricing is subject to change up until the time the Buyer places an order and completes payment. If the Buyer has saved a product to their wish list, and at some point later completes an order and makes payment, the price will reflect current pricing, not the previous price. Buyers who reside outside of Australia accept liability for any standard shipping charges, foreign currency exchange variations, stamp duties, import duties, customs charges and taxes applicable to the country in which they reside.
Products and Product Descriptions
The Seller reserves the right to withdraw any Goods from the Site at any time. The Seller shall not be liable to anyone for withdrawing any Goods from the Site or for refusing to process an order. Whilst all care is taken, the Seller does not guarantee that product descriptions or other content on this Site will always be 100% accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free, including descriptions and images. Fabric colours and materials may vary slightly from those shown on the Site. Colours may vary as to settings on computers and monitors, and it is therefore impossible to guarantee an exact colour match. Dye lots can also vary significantly, up to 20% variation to the colours displayed on the Site. Colour charts are provided on the Site as a guide only. Many garments available for sale on the Site are custom-made and embellished by hand. The finished Goods may vary slightly from the design shown on the Site, and therefore, whilst all care is taken, no guarantee will be given that finished Goods will be an exact or perfect replica of the product image shown on the Site. The Seller reserves the right, with or without prior notice, to change such descriptions, images, and references, to limit the available quantity of any product to honour, or impose conditions on the honouring of, any coupon, coupon code, promotional code or other similar promotions.
The Seller shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special or consequential loss or damage including loss of profit or any other form of compensation to anyone resulting from the supply of damaged or defective Goods. The Buyer shall inspect the Goods immediately upon receipt and shall notify the Seller via email within 48 hours of delivery if the Goods are damaged, defective or do not comply with the specifications on the Buyer’s order. Photographic evidence should be attached to the email where possible to substantiate all damage and defect claims. If the Buyer fails to notify the Seller of damage or defects within 48 hours of delivery, the Buyer shall be deemed to have accepted the Goods in good condition and the sale is final. Goods that have been approved for return for reinspection by the Seller must be returned to the Seller at the Buyer’s expense and should be adequately insured during the return journey. The Goods must be packed and returned to the Seller in the original packaging. The onus is upon the Buyer to ensure the safe return of goods to the Seller. The returned Goods must not be worn or show any signs of wear, including make-up marks, smelling of cigarette smoke, body odour or perfume. Goods showing any signs of wear will not be accepted. Goods must be returned in their original condition and free of alteration. Goods must be received by the Seller within 10 days of the Buyer’s receipt of the Goods. If the Goods are confirmed to be damaged or defective upon reinspection by the Seller, the Buyer will be notified as soon as possible and given the option to either: 1) receive an exchange or replacement, or; 2) receive a refund within 30 days.
Refunds, Exchanges and Replacements
Refunds and exchanges will only be offered under the following circumstances:
1. If the goods become unavailable and the order cannot be fulfilled within a reasonable timeframe.
2. If the goods received by the Buyer are damaged or defective.
3. If the goods do not comply with the specifications on the Buyer’s order.
Process for Returning Goods for Refund, Exchange or Replacement
1. Notification via email must be received from the Buyer within 48 hours of receipt of the goods that the goods 1. do not comply with the specifications on the Buyer’s order, or 2. that the goods are damaged or defective. Photographic evidence must accompany the email notification to substantiate any defects or damage.
2. Once reviewed, return authorization will be communicated from the Seller to the Buyer via email. All returns are at the expense of the Buyer. All returns must be received by the seller within 10 days of receipt of goods by the Buyer, otherwise they will not be accepted.
3. All returned goods will be reinspected within 3 days. If the Goods are confirmed to be non-compliant with the specifications on the Buyer’s order, damaged or defective upon reinspection by the Seller, the Seller reserves the right to replace or exchange the goods as originally ordered within a reasonable timeframe.
Goods which are returned to Plus Size Bride Australia without prior return authorization granted by the seller will not be accepted. All goods returned which are not in their original condition eg. if they have any signs of wear, washed or altered will not be accepted. Any goods returned which show any signs of wear, such as smelling of cigarette smoke, perfume or body odour, or have been wilfully damaged, will not be accepted. Unaccepted returned goods will be sent back to the Buyer at the Buyer’s expense. All refunds must be approved by the Seller and will made within 30 days after receipt of the goods by the Seller. Refunds are not offered for “custom made” or “made to order” goods.
Changes to Purchase Terms & Conditions
The Seller shall be entitled to alter these Purchase Terms and Conditions at any time but this right shall not affect the existing terms and conditions accepted by a Buyer upon making a prior purchase.
1. A non-refundable deposit of 25% is required to set up your layby account, which will count towards your total payments
2. Monthly repayment schedule for a maximum of four months (first month 25% + three consecutive months of 25%)
3. No service fee
4. No interest charged
5. No early payout fee (if you wish to complete your layby ahead of the required completion date)
6. Take up to 4 months to complete your layby, just as long as your payments are completed at least 16 weeks prior to your wear date, whichever occurs sooner.
7. Minimum layby amount AU$600. Maximum layby amount is AU$3,000.
8. Payments must be completed in full by the required completion date.
9. In the unlikely event that an item you have placed on layby becomes unavailable during the course of your layby, you will be offered a refund on payments made or an exchange with a similar item from the current collection.
10. In the event that you need to cancel your layby, please notify us by email. Please allow up to 30 days for your refund to be processed. Please note that the 25% non-refundable deposit will be deducted from your payments, and the balance of the subsequent payments you have made will be refunded to you.
11. Layby payments are accepted via Credit Card (stripe) or bank transfer.
12. By setting up a layby account, you are signifying that you have read and understood these layby terms and the Purchase Terms & Conditions. If you do not agree with these layby terms, please do not set up a layby account. Management reserves the right to refuse to accept a layby and terminate a layby account at its sole discretion. This includes terminating a layby account due to non-payment or payments not being made by the required completion date.
How do I set up a Layby account?
1. Choose the items that you wish to layby, taking note of the Product ID Codes and prices.
2. Add selection to the cart and continue to checkout.
3. At the checkout, select the payment plan option and follow prompts to make deposit payment. You can log in at any time to add further payments.
What happens when I complete my layby payments?
1. Please contact us via email when you have made your last layby payment.
2. We will request confirmation of your order specifications so that we can fulfil your order eg. custom design photos/product codes, measurements/size, fabric colour etc.
3. Production of your layby items will occur after (1) you have completed your last layby payment and (2) after your order specifications have been confirmed. Production and delivery lead times are as stated on the product information pages or your quote. Layby orders that contain several items will be shipped together as one order. A layby is not considered an order until the final payment has been received and all specifications for your order have been confirmed.